* 1970 : Passed Baccalaureat Examination
* 1970-72 : Preparatory classes for competitive examination for Special Engineering
* 1972-1979 : Medical School of the University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux 2, Rue Leo
Saignat, 33000, Bordeaux.
Passed final examination to become Resident.
* 1979-1983 : Resident with orientation towards neurosurgery and anatomy at
Bordeaux University Hospital, Bordeaux 2, Rue Leo Saignat, 33000, Bordeaux.
- 1981 : Certification in General Anatomy (Medical School of University of
Bordeaux - Prof. Videau).
- 1982 : Certification in Neuro-Anatomy (Medical School of University of
Montpellier - Prof. J. Bossy).
- 1982 : Masters in Human Biology and Anatomy, Bordeaux 2.
- 1985 : Diploma in Research in Human Biology and Anatomy (Medical School of
University of Montpellier - Prof. Rabischong).
- 1985 : Attestation of Further Studies in Anatomy (Medical School of University of
- 1985 : Certification in Neurosurgery
- 1980-1983 : University Instructor in Anatomy, Medical School of University of
- 1983-1987 : Assistant Professor in Anatomy
Neurosurgeon at Bordeaux University Hospital
- 1987-Present : Neurosurgeon in private practice en Bordeaux.
My special interest is the surgery of brain tumors and disc herniations and the
reduction of operative trauma in their treatment.
In this objective, I have developed an endoscopic tehchnique, and its necessary material, for the surgery of lumbar disc prolapses.
Since 1993, I have operated on over 5000 patients with a rate of cure superior to
90% and a post-operatory period of convalescence greatly inferior to the normal.
By 1998, the success of this treatment aroused a certain interest in the medical
community and the Storz Company undertook the production and the
comercialization of the material as well as the publication and spreading of the technique. As a result, I have been invited to demonstrate this procedure in many countries including the United States, China, Egypt and Korea.
- Member of “la Société Française de Neurochirurgie”.
- Member of “la Société de Neurochirurgie de Langue Francaise”
- Member of “la Société Francophone de Neurochirurgie du Rachis”
- Member of the American Academy of Minimally Invasive Spinal Medecine and Surgery